Founded by Jayne Black, Mrs. Wisconsin International 2013,
Certified Financial Education Teacher and Financial Literacy Ambassador for the National Financial Educators Council, Women's Financial Empowerment Coach, Speaker, International Writer and Professional Blogger.
Jayne named this program Saving Smart for 5 Generations for a special reason. A generation is typically 20 years with more people living to be 100 you could see 5 generations in your lifetime. We learn our financial habits from our parents.
Generation after generation the statics show that our children do not have the financial skills they need to make good financial decisions. As stated by The President’s Advisory Council on Financial Literacy “(Financial illiteracy) It affects everyone: men and women, young and old, across all racial and socioeconomic lines. The economic future of the United States depends on it improved (financial literacy.)” Across the Globe all of us need to make a committment to Financial Fitness for Life and make sure our children are equipped with the necessary financial skills they need to be successful in life. That could be 5 Generations that you could give the gift of good financial skills to. Don’t ever underestimate how far reaching your influence can be!
Saving Smart for 5 Generations is a Partner with:
· The National Financial Educators Council (NFEC)which provides financial education solutions to individuals, schools, businesses, families, government and nonprofit organizations around the globe to improve financial literacy.
· Money Wi$E Women to bring you Teleseminars which cover a large range of financial topics
· Wi$e Up Women to bring you Free Online Financial Curriculum for Women which was created for the Department or Labor Women's Bureau http://wiseupwomen.tamu.edu/
Jayne Black created Saving Smart for 5 Generations, for the different savings and financial needs of each generation. Jayne realized the need to have a place for women of all ages to go to gain stronger money skills and a place that would help women deal with the financial stress that comes with money! Saving Smart for 5 Generations is a "Financial Fitness for the Heart" program founded to create awareness about the fact that our financial health and our physical health are interconnected. Jayne's goal is for "Financial Fitness for the Heart" to become a household phrase so that everyone understands the effects of stress on the heart. Stress in this case financial stress has serious ramifications on our personal, psychological and physical health. "Financial Fitness for the Heart" is a committment to "Financial Fitness for Life" To quote the American Heart Association's motto "Learn and Live" Jayne dedicates this work of love to her mother who is her inspiration.
Jayne’s credentials include:
· Graduate of Public Policy from the Wisconsin Women’s Policy Institute with over 70 hours of Public Policy Training. Jayne is currently working with her team from the Policy Institute on the Wisconsin Elder Economic Security Standard Index (Elder Index) The Elder index provides a new, more accurate measure of an independent elder’s income needs given daily cost of living, including affordable and appropriate housing and health care. www.womensnetwork.org
· Volunteer with the American Heart Association serving as a "Go Red for Women" Committee Member and a legislative advocate for "Your the Cure" along with holding fundraisers to raise funds and serving as a Speaker educating women about Stress a contributing risk factor to heart Disease and the importance of dealing with this Stress in a Healthy Way. www.heart.org
· Financial Education Team Member with the Wisconsin Women’s Council, Jayne's role is to create retirement curriculum that will be used in an online financial education program for women http://womenscouncil.wi.gov/
· Ambassador, Certified Financial Education Teacher and Financial Literacy Speaker for the National Financial Educators Council http://www.financialeducatorscouncil.org/
· Founding Board Member of The ioME Challenge an Annual National Financial Literacy contest for college students www.iomechallenge.org
· Partner with Global View Capital Advisors International “Women’s Initiative”
· Speaker for the Asset Builders of America, Inc. “Money Conferences” http://www.assetbuilders.org/
· Junior Achievement Teacher - Junior Achievement (JA) empowers young people to own their economic success. The volunteer-delivered, kindergarten-12th grade programs foster work-readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy skills, and use experiential learning to inspire students to dream big and reach their potential. http://www.ja.org/
· International Writer and Blogger Forbes Women, Mom’s Everyday, Money Wi$e Women, National Association of Female Executives. Jayne's articles have also published in Yahoo News, Divine Carolyn, India's Number 1 Finance Portal, Top News Today, iFinance Everyday and Money Control
· 13 Years of Combined Volunteer Service for The Learning Disability Association of Wisconsin, Freedom House Homeless Shelter, Board Member for Options for Independent Living, President and Founder of Mission ABC a program for children with learning disabilities